List of new records in Cricket History after whitewash by Pakistan against England
February 7, 2012
Pakistan completed first ever whitewash against England. Their were lots of record was made during this series.
- Pakistan did their first ever whitewash against England after 58 years of their mutual cricket history.
- First time after 105 years, Pakistan, as a country finished inning scoring less than 100 runs in first inning and won the match. In 1907, England were all out on 76 in their first innings but won the match.
- Pakistan did first whitewash ever out of the home in three test match series. After 1954 there was no clean sweep performance given by any team.
- England broke their own 124 years record of low batting average. Since 1888, England’s 2nd lowest history batting average that is 19.06.
- England defeated whitewash second time by Asian countries. Last time India defeated England by 3-0 in 1993.
- England whitewashed 7th times in 3 test matches series. They Lost 3 times from Australia, 2 times from West Indies, 1 time from India and 1 time from Pakistan all matches of the series.
- Pakistan did clean sweep 5th time in their cricket history of three test match series.. Last time they defeat Bangladesh by 3-0.
- In last 8 months England is the second test team who is on the top position in test ranking and whitewashed. First was India who was lost their all 4 test matches from England in August 2011.