Nails and Home Remedies
December 21, 2012
- Combine three tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Soak the nails in this mixture for ten minutes and then dry them with a towel. This is the best home remedy that one can adopt to strengthen and grow the nails fast.
- To heal nail problems and promote growth, soak your nails in a solution comprising of half a cup of tomato juice mixed with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Applying warm olive oil over the nails with a cotton swab is also another effective procedure for nail growth.
- To regain the natural shine of the nails, rub a slice of lemon over them gently for few minutes and then rinse with water.
- Massage your hands and nails regularly with either flax seed oil, pumpkin seed oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, wheat germ oil or vitamin E oil. These oils are very effective in boosting the growth of nails.
- Make a solution of lavender oil and tea tree oil in equal proportions. Then dilute the mixture with water. Soak the nails for about five minutes. Follow this routine at least once a week to avoid any kind of nail damage and breakage.
- Increase the intake of white tea and green tea. These will improve the quality of your nails.
- Get manicures done, either at home or at saloons, at frequent intervals if you want to flaunt healthy looking nails.
- Take foods that are rich in Vitamin A, E, B2, B12, C, D, proteins, iron, and calcium. Consume a wide variety of fruits, leafy vegetables and nuts for sparkly nails.
- Plus, for proper nail development drink lots of water throughout the day.